Triskaidekaphobia translates to the fear of the number 13 and after you visit Howl-O-Scream you’ll have a whole new reason to fear this number. If you’ve made a visit to Howl-O-Scream this year, hopefully you’ve survived our newest maze, 13: Your Number’s Up in Ireland. It’s a modern twist on our first maze, the Dark Tower, which featured several rooms of phobias, including clowns, dead bodies, spiders and torture. This year, we feature 13 of the most common and gruesome phobias for you to brave. Here is a list of the phobia names that accompany each room. Of course, none of them are in order – did you think we would make it that easy?
- Dentophobia – Fear of the dentist
- Necrophobia – Fear of dead things
- Odynophobia – Fear of pain and torture
- Entomophobia – Fear of insects
- Nyctophobia – Fear of the dark
- Clinophobia – Fear of going to sleep
- Iatrophobia – Fear of the doctor
- Chiroptophobia – Fear of bats
- Arachnophobia – Fear of spiders
- Claustrophobia – Fear of enclosed spaces
- Ophidiophobia – Fear of snakes
- Thanatophobia – Fear of death
- Acrophobia – Fear of heights
Come to this year’s Howl-O-Scream to brave these fears. What are you afraid of?