We are excited to have Glory at the Gardens back for another year and expanding to Saturdays and Sundays. Combining the best contemporary Christian and Gospel performances with the park’s family-friendly atmosphere will ensure a perfect mix of music and adventure. The first weekend of Glory at the Gardens is jam packed with talent. Performances by Mary Mary and Brian Courtney Wilson will kick off the concert series on Saturday, June 11. MercyMe with JJ Heller will take the stage the following day, Sunday, June 12.
We did some digging online and found out these cool facts about the visiting artists.
- Mary Mary are sisters – neither of their real names is Mary
- Brain Courtney Wilson originally was a pharmaceutical salesman before becoming a singer
- In 2009, Billboard magazine named MercyMe the Christian Adult Contemporary Songs Artist of the Decade alongside their song “Word of God Speak” being the Christian song of the decade
- Mary Mary are part of a family of nine children
- You can find JJ Heller’s music on the ABC family show “Make It Or Break It,” and CW’s “One Tree Hill”
- MercyMe was formed in 1994 out of Greenville, Texas
- Brain Courtney Wilson was nominated in 2010 for GMA Dove Awards’ New Artist of the Year
- MercyMe has received eight GMA Dove Awards, one ASCAP Award, two American Music Awards and 12 Billboard Magazine Decade Awards
- Most recently in 2010, Mary Mary was awarded the Grammy for the Best Gospel Song, for “God in Me”
- JJ Heller is expecting her second daughter in September