We're very excited to announce the free Busch Gardens App for the iPhone is now available for download in iTunes.
Over the past couple of months, Virginia Williams and I have been working with our corporate marketing team to develop the first iPhone App for the park, which will also be available for Android users in the near future. Check out some of the exciting features that you can use when visiting our park.
1. Digital park map with GPS – The App will display where you are in the park with icons listing rides, restrooms, dining locations, gift shops and more. You can move the map and zoom in and out by touching the phone screen.
2. ‘Take me there’ – Select the “take me there” feature on any attraction icon and follow the yellow route. This has to be one of the coolest features on the App. Whether you are a seasoned park visitor or a first-timer, I'm sure you will find yourself glued to the app as you follow the yellow route.
3. Ride wait times – Have you ever been at Apollo’s Chariot and wanted to know how long the line is for Griffon? Now you can check the wait times for our most popular attractions (roller coasters, water rides and simulators). The wait times will be updated hourly to keep you informed as you enjoy your day.
4. BG 3D – Click on the camera in the App and point at any location in the park. This unique feature will label the buildings and attractions in your camera. Now there is no question what pictures you snapped during your visit.
5. Car Finder – Is there anything worse than leaving a fun filled day at the park only to realize that you don’t remember where you parked? Leave your worries behind by using the car finder feature. All you have to do is click ‘Save Location’ when you park and you will have no problem finding your car.
6. Show Times – Find out which show is closest to you and when the performers will be taking the stage.
7. Push Notifications – From time to time our park can reach capacity and we may temporarily close. Whether you are at home or on your way to the park, we can notify you via push notifications.
8. Explore More – Research exciting tours and dining opportunities or find out where you can purchase Up-Close Tours, In-Park Dining, Quick Queue and Cabana Rentals.
9. Animals – Find any animal in our park and learn general information about the species, what their scientific name is and where in the park the animals are located.
I hope you will enjoy our App as much as I do. Go download it from iTunes today and let us know what you think.