There is only one day left before the gardens turn dark. And as our dedicated entertainment team races to finish the park’s massive thematic overhaul, haunted houses are being tested for final audio and lighting levels, the show casts are rehearsing and culinary and merchandise locations are transforming to complete this year’s Howl-O-Scream experience. It seems that each year we expand the park’s thematic package and this year is no exception. Here’s a list of 13 reasons you should look forward to the Dark Side of the Gardens:
13. “Catacombs” is being expanded in size with a new twisted layout.
12. “Funny Bone Buffet” in Festa Italia is our first-ever immersive Halloween dining experience. Everything is being transformed, from the signs to the decor, even our team member costumes.
11. “13:Your Number’s Up” in Killarney is our throwback to the original Howl-O-Scream haunted house, the Dark Tower. With 13 unique rooms playing to a different phobia, it’s the longest maze we’ve ever created.
10. “Fiends” is back in Das Festhaus after years of entertaining guests at other parks. We’re breathing new life into this classic show with an all-new scenic and lighting design and re-imagined costumes.
8. The werewolves are once again taking over in the Wild Reserve in “Unleashed” with a new scenic design that will immerse you into world of werewolves like we’ve never done before.
7. The “Dark Side of the Gardens Store” in Germany is your source for all-things Howl-O-Scream. We have an expansive selection of branded merchandise this year. My personal favorite is the eyeball rose corsage t-shirt – very classy.
6. We have more thematic decor around the park than ever before, including rats, ravens, cornstalks, hanging pumpkins, monsters, vampires, clowns, spiders and ghosts.
5. Look for new treats and old favorites from our culinary department throughout the many dining facilities and candy shops in the park.
4. We have installed new photo opportunities throughout the park to let you create Halloween memories.
3. “Jack is Back” in Ireland with an improved stage and surprising new special effects. This year, the show will be running throughout the day, so be sure to come by.
2. “Scavengers” is our first scare zone in Scotland with a thematic overlay. Gruesome scarecrows, pumpkins and farm shacks create a haunting harvest atmosphere.
1. “Dead Line” is our exciting new haunted house in Italy that combines our dedication to storytelling and engaging attractions with the newest haunted house technology.
What are you most looking forward to this year?